Friday, May 14, 2010

Garage Sales

Our neighborhood is having a garage sale this weekend. It started today and it goes until tomorrow. There are about 15 families participating.

We are not participating. Brian said that we don't have enough stuff because I sell it all year long on Ebay and Craigslist. However - that is not true. I actually found a ton of stuff that we could have sold. In fact, my neighbor, Nerissa, was kind enough to let me put some stuff out in her garage since she was one of the participants.

Once I started looking for stuff, I actually couldn't believe all the CRAP that I have. And, I should remind you that I am a minimalist. I do not like clutter. I am constantly selling, consigning and throwing out. Yet - I managed to find more than enough stuff to bring up to Nerissa's house. Some of that stuff included random dessert plates, placemats and napkins, a random glass bowl, a kid-rocking chair, cookbooks, and baskets. Yup. I could have found more if I really tried. But - I got control of myself. And my total for today? It was $31.50! Not bad considering I literally threw the stuff together on Thursday night. Thanks to Nerissa for letting me sell my CRAP at her house! And - there is still tomorrow!

Meanwhile, she is selling some big ticket items - like end tables, an entertainment center, and TV's. She made a pretty penny today! So - good for her! I am all about getting rid of stuff. Clean out the clutter!! Woo hoo.

In the meantime, I managed to snag a few deals at another neighbor's house. I got a pink lacrosse stick for Maddie, a brand new Barbie - still in the box for $1 and an American Girl Moses Basket. Gotta love garage sales! Maddie was excited with her new toys and I was happy with the prices!

Tomorrow there is another neighborhood garage sale in an area close to me. I am debating about going. I really want to but time might be an issue. Maddie has dance in the morning and then my BFF, Cortney is coming for a quick visit after that. I might have to get up extra early and make a special trip to this other garage sale. I think this could be my new addiction!

No comments: