Sunday, May 16, 2010

Practice Run

Well - I did it! I successfully ran the race course today. We had a group run scheduled to "practice" running the Freihofer's course. I couldn't have asked for a better day. The sun was shining and it was about 70 degrees with a nice breeze. Perfect for a run.

The running group met in front of the Empire State Plaza and we walked for 1/4 mile and then we were off and running. I expected it to be a lot worse since my father told me that there was NO WAY I was ever going to be able to run the entire course without stopping. I beg to differ - Dad. I was just fine. Thank you very much.

Anyway - we ran our way through the park and past the downtown Suny campus and then back into the park and then down Madison Avenue. It was probably around mile 2.5 that I got a little tired. And then I felt the side stitch. By the time I was in the home stretch - which - by the way - is all downhill - the side stitch was killing me. I had to surrender and walk the last bit. But - still. I almost did it! I was so happy. I can't wait for the actual race!

Afterwards, Janis and I treated ourselves to a margarita and some food at our favorite place - El Mariacchi! Nothing like stuffing ourselves with chips and salsa after running 3 miles!

No comments: