Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dreary Weekends

This weekend was the pits. Drizzly rain. Foggy. Gloomy. Dark. Damp. Perfect for a nap. Which I managed to take today for about an hour. I woke up with a splitting headache and a severe case of the "yawns." I just couldn't shake the tiredness and I blame it on the weather.

Rainy weekends are the worst. The kids were restless. I was bored. The kids were bored and acting out in every way that they could. Aidan had a few temper tantrums. Maddie complained to me non-stop that she was hungry and bored and I was ready to hit the roof. On top of that - World Cup Soccer is the only thing that has been on our TV for the past 3 days and I am ready to break the TV.

Anyway - we move on to the upcoming week. My boss is in town tomorrow for a meeting at the health plan. Tomorrow will be a long and busy day. This is also Maddie's last week of school. Camp starts for her after we get back from vacation. How is school over already? Nuts!

I also have my monthly girls night on Tuesday and another meeting on Thursday night. Combine that with Father's day next week, packing for vacation and all the other daily stuff - I feel like I might explode.

I started packing for vacation and it never fails to amaze me how much stuff we need to take. Linens, bath towels, beach towels, swim diapers, regular diapers, wipes, suntan lotion, and the list goes on and on. Not to mention - we bring a lot of the food with us because it's cheaper to buy it here rather than in Jersey. I just hope we have enough room in the car. Thank goodness for our car top carrier!

On a brighter note - in the past I have always had to ask my dad to stop by our house and collect our mail and check on the house. Come to find out - that all I have to do is go on the US Postal service web site and stop my mail for the week we are gone! How easy is that? I had no idea. Sorry dad! And now - I am friends with my neighbor - so I know she can walk by and check on the house. It's nice to have friendly neighbors!

That's it for now... Have a good week!

No comments: