Sunday, November 21, 2010

Decorations and the hassle that goes with it

Decorating is a hassle. I know. Call me a Scrooge. But you have to admit that dragging out all the stuff out of the basement/attic/garage/shed is just a major pain in the A. I mean, even for the most organized of people who know exactly where everything is stored - decorating still is just a pain.

You need to be strategic about when you decorate. Otherwise, you have children's hands in everything and more work is created. You need to be in the mood. The best way to accomplish this is to put on some Christmas music and just make up your mind that you are going to do it.

I think the most annoying thing about decorating is that you know in 6 weeks time - it all has to come down. Knowing that almost makes me NOT want to decorate. But - alas. I do it. How can I not with 2 kids? And I am always glad that the house looks festive when it's all complete.

And with that, I am off to decorate... Have a good one!

No comments: