Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving and Such

Thanksgiving has come and gone. It's hard to believe that it's the end of a long holiday weekend. Not that I am complaining because Brian has been gone these past two days. He went to Buffalo to see the Steelers play. As I write this, he is on his way back. It has been a long 2 days without him.

Yesterday we had cousin Evan's fourth birthday party at the Troy Y. It was a pool party. I have to admit that I was not thrilled about getting into the pool. (All parents had to be in the pool if your kids can't swim.) So - in I went and it was kind of cold! Anyway - the kids had a blast and after 1 hour of swimming, the kids went up to the community room and played games, ate pizza and cake and had a grand, old time.

Today, Maddie had a playdate with a friend from school. Throw a little bit of shopping in there and that's basically what I have been doing.

On a side note - my time for the Turkey Trot was 29:13. So - I did even better than I thought.

I have also been working on a project. My grandfather turns 90 in a few weeks and we are having a huge party for him. I am working on a photo board that will be on display at the party. I have been collecting photos from various members of the family and it has been quite interesting. I have come upon some doozies and some very cool old photos. I love looking at old photos. I even came across my grandfather's war papers. History! Can't beat that.

And that's that. Have a good week!

No comments: