Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Windy Rain

The temperature here is in the 50's. Sounds nice for December 1st - right? Not when there are wind gusts of 55 mph and it is pouring. That just leads to blah, blah and more blah. I guess I am thankful it's not snow.

I am gearing up for my last race of 2010 on Saturday. It's called the Jingle Bell Run and it's at a park that I have always wanted to run a race in. The weather looks chilly with a high of 37. COLD!

Ever since I ran in the Turkey Trot, I have come to the realization that I need to invest in a pair of running tights. Ick! I know. I cringe when I say that. I am not a fan of running tights. I don't like how they look. Even on the skinnest and most muscular of runners - they are just not very flattering. I recently went and tried a pair on and I felt like a big blob in them. I guess they would look okay though if I have something hanging below the butt area. I bought them and almost gapsed at the price ($65). Yikes. But - I guess it's an investment. And I know myself. I will probably NOT even wear them and take them back. I looked for a pair in TJ Maxx and Marshall. They have great running clothes. But the only thing close to running tights that I could find were ones that were boot cut - and not closed in at the leg. Which is what you need. They have to be closed in at the leg. It's necessary. Ugly. But necessary for super fast and warm running.

Anyway - who knew that running could cause such style issues?

Stay dry!

1 comment:

Goddess Librarian said...

Where'd you get the tights? I was looking for them too. But, yeah, I was shocked at how expensive they are! I have some old leggings and I think I'm going to try them under my running pants. I need to do something. You know I don't like the cold and I don't want to give myself any excuses for not running outside!