Friday, December 3, 2010

Running pants and races

Tomorow marks my last 5K for 2010. Although, I have come a long way since March - and I know that I shouldn't be too hard on myself - I am setting high expectations for this race. I want to finish in 28:30. I think I can do that. After all, during the Turkey Trot, I finished in 29:13. And I have finished in the 28:46 range during the summer.

So - really - 28:30 is not unrealistic. I am just going to have to pound the pavement and focus. It's all about the focusing. And the breathing. And the running pants.

Oh yes. Those darn running pants. Since I last blogged, I have been to Dick's Sporting Goods a few times. I have bought two pairs of running tights - both of which have been returned. I just can't go "there." I feel like a blob in them. And they are pricey. So - I settled on a pair of running pants from Marshalls. They were $20 and they are Adidas. They are the same material as running tights. The only major difference is that these pants are boot cut. Which I know is not ideal. But I just can't deal with the running tight thing at this point. So - for tomorrow - I will wear the new running pants and hope for the best.

Here's hoping to a good race.

I also have some other fun things on tap for this weekend. I have two gold parties, a brunch with my mom, and some Christmas tree shopping. Have a good one!

No comments: