Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jingle Bell Run

Today was my last 5K race of 2010. It was held at the Crossings and it was a small race. There were only about 220 runners signed up. I was excited about ths race because it was at the Crossings and I had always wanted to run a race there. I was also excited because I was running with Janis, Felice, and Jen M. We also ended up running with some other running buddies - including Darlene, and Amanda.

It was a cold, sunny morning. I arrived at the park around 8:20 and picked up my race packet, got my T-shirt and prepared for the run. We started off and I was running pretty fast. About 1/2 mile in, I realized that it was a tougher course than I thought. There were some inclines and the wind was blowing. Darn - it was cold! Most of the time, I ran with Amanda. She is great to run with. She makes me laugh. Every once in a while, she would blurt out, "I am dying," or "My leg hurts." She would just crack me up.

Anyway, I kept running and running and sucking in cold air. There were many times that I contemplated stopping and walking. But, I didn't.

Finally, I got to the part where the finish line was in sight. I ran my hardest and crossed at 29:02. Not bad. But not the time of 28:30 that I wanted. Oh well. It was fun. It was a gorgeous, COLD, sunny day. There's always time to improve!

No comments: