Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holidays and all that Ho Ho stuff

It is the day after Christmas and I can't say that I am overly sorry to see the holiday go. I am ready to move on past the holidays and face the new year. I am ready for winter to end - and yet-did it just start 5 days ago? Oh. Yes it did. But I am still ready for it to go.

Anyway - last week was a nutty week. Two days after Bumpa's 90th birthday party, he was found collapsed on the floor from a bad fall. He was laying there for 2 days before he was found. Fortunately - he is doing okay. He is at the hospital and will be there for a few weeks in rehab. Then he will go to a very nice nursing home. Sad. But - at 90 years old - it's the best for him and he admits it and is ready to give up his apartment.

After a lot of running here and running there - I am ready to take a long winter's nap. In the past 48 hours, we have been to Christmas Eve mass, my in-laws, the hospital to visit Bumpa, regular Sunday mass, the mall, Marshalls, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond. Oh - and we cooked Christmas dinner - all while dealing with my maniac children.

So - I am ready to breathe a sigh of relief that the major hub bub is DONE! I even packed up the Nativity set today and un-decorated the banister. Ahhhh. I love getting the house back to normal. I would take the tree down tomorrow if I could - but Brian would have serious issues with that.

In the meantime, we are in for a serious snowstorm which makes me say BAH HUMBUG. But - it's a fast moving storm and hopefully it will be out of here by tomorrow afternoon. Have a merry one!

No comments: