Saturday, January 22, 2011

Frigid, Frightful Temperatures and the treadmill

This weather is really SCREWING with my half-marathon training. I haven't run outside since the 10K two weeks ago. That is a long time to not run outside. Considering I am actually going to be running this half-marathon OUTDOORS, I like to try and run outside for most of my runs.

For the first 4 weeks of training - that worked out. I alternated between treadmill and outside runs and it was pretty even. However, forget about these past two weeks. It has been too darn cold. And if it hasn't been cold - then it has been snowing. And then if it hasn't been snowing, then there is snow on the street and it's not safe to run. So basically I am stuck indoors.

And so - the treadmill and I have bonded. In fact, I think we are becoming best friends. I have logged my last two long runs on the treadmill and it hasn't been so bad.

Today I headed to the gym and ran 7.5 miles. This was my longest run yet. I am embracing the treadmill and just hoping for warmer temps. I am keeping my fingers crossed that those warmer temps will come soon. Very soon. In the meantime, it's all about the treadmill.

No comments: