Monday, March 21, 2011

Love notes from my daughter

It's snowing here. Yes, it's true. All the snow was gone. Now it's back. The grass is covered and it's cold and gray. Have I told you how much I hate March? Really. I do. Lucky for me - this March is speeding by.

This means that it's time to start thinking about summer camp for Maddie. And it's time to start thinking about Spring break for Maddie and what she will be doing.

Speaking of Maddie, she has been leaving me little notes. I think it started back in January when I left for Denver. I left her a note in her lunchbox and on her night stand. Ever since, she has been writing me notes. The subject varies on each note. I have received notes of apology (when she has been a bad girl). I have received notes about her wanting to play the Wii game. I have received notes about how much she loves me. I have received notes about how she wants to buy her lunch. It's rather cute. And the most awesome thing about the notes - I can actually read them! It's true that not every word is spelled correctly. However, she can get her point across and I can understand them.

What I love most about it is that she is learning to communicate in another way. She is writing! And I love it.

No comments: