Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2.5 years

My little guy turned 2 1/2 this past weekend. Yikes...

How have we turned the corner towards three??

He is a big boy now. In fact, two weeks ago (on Maddie's birthday weekend), he decided to potty train himself. Seriously. He told me he had to go pee pee on the potty and he went. And he has been doing it ever since! Woo hoo. Go Aidan! He has been wearing big boy underwear to daycare and I even take him out of the house in underwear! The only time he wears diapers is at bedtime.

I am so proud of my little guy. On the downside, he has become a little hellion. Somehow he learned how to say "shut up." Mmmm. I am not sure where he learned that. I am assuming it was at daycare. When he first started saying it, we scolded him and put him in time-out. That didn't work so well because he kept saying it. And now he is saying it just to get a rise out of us. So now we have to ignore it. Of course, it doesn't help that Maddie freaks out everytime he says it. She feels the need to bring it to my attention. "Mommy - Aidan said shut up. Did you hear that? Is he in trouble?" Oh yes. She just loves that someone else is in trouble besides herself!

And that's that. My little baby is now a big boy. Right before my eyes...

1 comment:

Suzy said...

They grow up too fast! How wonderful that he decided to potty train himself. My youngest was the same...one day she decided she was done with diapers. :)