Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ground turkey

In my quest to eat healthier food, I have been buying ground turkey. I know. You might wrinkle your nose (kind of like my dad did) when I mentioned this to him. Or you might think it's kind of strange (kind of like my mother-in-law did) when I told her about it.

But, it's really not strange. In fact, ground turkey is lower in fat than ground beef (as long as you read the labels and buy the correct type). And I actually happen to like the flavor of it! I think it's better than ground beef. My first attempt with it was making chili. You couldn't even tell a difference! Then last night I made turkey tacos. They were fabulous! Brian is even on board with the ground turkey! He likes it.

Tonight, I plan to make ground turkey and barley soup. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

Enjoy the snowy night!

No comments: