Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lost week

This past week has just gotten away from me. And next week will be even busier. My entire district is coming in from all over the northeast, and we are having a district meeting in Albany. There are 12 of us and I will be with them from Monday - Thursday.

In the meantime, I am starting to research dairy farm milk. Yes.  I decided that my family is in need of some fresh farm milk. After a conversation with friends the other night, I realized that taking the things that my family eats/drinks the most of - are the things that I need to be more careful with. For instance - my kids drink milk. Lots of it. So, why am I not buying organic? There have been so many weird reports with milk these days, that I decided I needed to take action. I am on a quest to find fresh organic milk from a dairy farmer that delivers. And who wouldn't love fresh milk in a glass bottle? Reminds me of the olden days when the milk man delivered from house to house. Fresh. Cold. Milk. Now I just need some chocolate cake to go with it!

My long run this week was supposed to be 11 miles. For good measure, I added an extra mile to make it an even 12. I will try to squeeze in a 5 miler tomorrow morning, and a 5 miler on Monday morning before my team meeting starts. Then I won't be running until Friday again and we are scheduled for 15 miles. Only 7 more long runs before the marathon! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: