Monday, March 5, 2012

No shopping for me

It's consignment time again and the sale happens to fall next week. Unfortunately, for the first time in many years, I cannot shop the sale this time around. I have work commitments next week which will keep me busy pretty much morning, noon and night.

When I first realized this, I was so bummed out. After all, this is how I shop for my kids' clothing. This is how I pick up toys, shoes and books for "next-to-nothing" prices. And now I can't shop? What's a thrifty mom to do?

Luckily Janis came to my rescue. Ava is taller than Maddie so Janis let me see all of the items that she was going to consign. Luckily, it worked out! I was able to purchase skirts, dresses, jammies, shirts, and even some bathing suits for Maddie! How lucky was I? I had my own private shopping sale!

As for Aidan, I am lucky enough that Aunt Brenda passes down Evan's clothing. So - I think he will be all set. I will still miss shopping next week though. After all, that's how I get my shopping fix!!

No comments: