Sunday, May 20, 2012

Big boy bed

We moved Aidan to a toddler bed about 6 months ago. I always knew in the back of my mind that we would  have to invest in a twin mattress, boxspring and frame for him. However, I didn't think I would need to make the transition for a while.  But - that all changed when my parents told me they had an extra twin mattress and boxspring.

They casually told me this last week when they came over for dinner. My dad mentioned that the Salvation Army was coming to pick up the mattress and boxspring. I looked at them and said, "NOOOO! We want it!"

So they cancelled the Salvation Army pick-up and Brian and I went and picked it up yesterday. Fortunately the mattress and boxspring fit in my parent's CRV.

Once we had the mattress and boxspring in the house, we decied to bring it right upstairs to Aidan's room. Or course, this meant that I had to run out and buy a matress cover, and sheets. (I was very unprepared for this transition.) I found some neutral colored sheets at TJ Maxx, and a nice matress cover at Target. Then, I had to go home and wash it all before I could even make the bed.

By this time, it was 3:30 and way past Aidan's nap time. So Aidan skipped his nap. Bad mommy!

I finally got the bed made up. We still need a frame for it and some type of headboard. For now, the boxspring is on the floor and the mattress is on top. It's a work in progress. Aidan slept on it last night and he was so excited. He didn't fall out. I was a little worried about that. But - he did great!

Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: