Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May

It's hard to believe that Memorial Day weekend has come and gone. Where has the year gone?
I blinked and now it's almost June!

We had an ultra-fun weekend and I felt like I really took some time and enjoyed the little things.
We had my parents over on Saturday for dinner and to celebrate Maddie's birthday. We were able to test out the new grill that my parents and I got Brian for his 40th birthday. I know. His birthday isn't until July. But - why waste a whole other month of not grilling? Our old grill was shot. The burner didn't work and Brian hated to grill because it wasn't working properly. Now - he can grill away!

Sunday we planted some flowers and did some yard work. Then later that night, we had Brian's family over to celebrate Maddie's birthday. We had a fire and roasted marshmallows.


Monday we helped my parents move some furniture and then went to lunch with my parents, ran some errands, and then ended the weekend with some ice cream.

All in all - it was just how a weekend should be! Packed with fun, and family!

Now it's down to business as I get ready for my trip to Arizona. I started packing and that's always a task. Especially when the forecast is calling for 107 degrees in Phoenix next week. Oh boy.

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: