Friday, May 25, 2012

Mish mosh of stuff

Maddie's birthday is on Tuesday. My baby girl is turning 7. Can someone tell me how that happened?
That went by way too fast.

Anyway - it seems like we have been celebrating for a while. Last Sunday, she had a friend party at DC Gymnastics. It was great. She and 17 of her friends did gymnastics for 1 hour. Then they gorged themselves on popcorn, pretzels, and cupcakes.

The party was great. The only issue I had with it was that it was beastly hot in the gym.  Apparently the AC was on. But let me tell you - it wasn't working too well. As each kid returned to the table for refreshments, they were red-faced, and sweaty. No worries though. They all had a great time.

Tomorrow we are having my parents over for dinner. And then on Sunday we are having Brian's family over for a fire and smores and cake. Yum.

In case you are wondering how my knee is - I do have an update. I went to the doctor. He did not think it was anything serious and told me to run when I felt ready. So, after one very BAD run where my knee pain immediately flared up, I am happy to report that I have now had two very GOOD runs and felt great. I have kept the runs to 3 miles and tried to go easy. I am so relieved and happy about my progress. I can't help but wonder what will happen if I try to increase my mileage.

This week will be a busy week. Monday is a holiday. Tuesday I need to go to Central NY for work. Friday, Maddie has her "bridging ceremony" for Girl Scouts. This basically means that she bridges from Daisy to Brownie. How cute! Saturday is the Freihofer's Run, Sunday is Maddie's dance recital, and Monday I leave for Arizona.

Whew.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading.



No comments: