Thursday, August 9, 2012

Soccer balls after all

Since Aidan was pretty much a baby, Brian has been "grooming" him to be a soccer player. He works on skills with him, they sit and watch a game on TV together, and Aidan has even gone to Brian's soccer games to cheer him on.

And, now my little buddy will finally get to play some soccer on his own!

It wasn't that easy to sign him up though.

The soccer program in our town starts at age four. The problem is that the cut-off is November 30th. Unfortunately, Aidan was born on December 12th. Shucks. He is only twelve days after the cut-off and he has to wait another whole year to play soccer???? Why, oh why, couldn't I have gone into labor 12 days earlier??? Darn it.

Anyway - if you know me - you know my theory. "If you don't ask, you don't get." Right? Right. It's a good theory to have, and it actually has worked quite nicely in my lifetime. And, so I asked.

I emailed the contact person at the soccer program. After a long wait, I finally got my answer.

They told me yes! They let me sign him up. I am going to have one excited boy when I tell him the news. And I think I will have one excited daddy too.


No comments: