Saturday, October 13, 2012

Catching up

How did it get to be mid-October? Seriously. This month is flying by.

I have to say that the weather has been dreadful the past few weeks. Gloomy. Rainy. Foggy. Cold. Damp. Just plain icky!

Today was actually a nice day, and we had our family photos taken. Getting photos taken is always a stressful time. You know - planning our outfits, doing our hair, dressing the kids, and making sure we all look decent. It's a bit stressful. Today was no different. The plan was to meet at the Pruyn House because I wanted photos with a barn as a backdrop. And the Pruyn House has plenty of those. However, when we pulled into the Pruyn House parking lot, there was a wedding there. What? The nerve. So, we called Stasia - the photographer - and told her the situation. We agreed to meet at another local barn in the Rensselaer Tech Park. Two minutes later, she called me back and told me that there was a wedding there too! WHAT? Seriously? How did I not check ahead? So much for my fabulous planning and organizational skills.

So it was on to Plan C and we decided to go to Belltop School. They have a learning barn there. They also have some trails with bridges and a little outdoor theater. So we headed over there and I think it worked out for the best. We had lots of options and we spent about an hour with Stasia. The best part is that we get the CD with the photos and she edits them! I can't wait to see them.

I also spent some time in my garden today. I harvested the last of the veggies (4 green peppers). I also picked the pumpkin that grew in our garden. Then I ripped out all the plants since there was a frost last night and their leaves were just withered and gone. The garden has officially been put to bed. Sigh.

The pumpkin! It was a big one!
Hope you are all having a great weekend!


No comments: