Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Back to the run again

I know. It's been a while since I blogged. Time is once again slipping away from me.
It is hard to believe that we are almost into mid-February. How did that happen?

I basically took 3 weeks off from running. That's not to say that I haven't been exercising. Oh no. I have been spending a lot of time at the gym on the bike. I have also been to the physical therapist 3 times. And each time, she kicks my butt. It's hard work. She has me doing all of these exercises that are aimed to build my hips and glutes, which in turn will help my knee.

So the good news is that I was at the gym yesterday and I decided I was ready to try running. I hopped on the treadmill and started with a 5 minute walk. Then, I sped it up and ran for 1 minute. I spent 20 minutes walking and running, and it was great! No knee issues at all. I was elated. Maybe there is something to all of these hip exercises!

I tried it again yesterday increasing my running increments up to 3 minutes and everything felt fine.
And then today I ran outside.
It all was good! No knee issues.
Now, I am not sure what will happen when I stop doing the 2 and 3 minute increments. I am hoping my knee still stays pain free.

For now - it's good news - right?

No comments: