Friday, February 1, 2013

Disney research

As most of you know, I like to plan. So it should be no surprise that I am knee-deep in planning for our Disney trip in the fall.

Let me tell you. There is no way that you can go to Disney without extensive research. In fact, I have read so much about the parks, that I feel like I have already gone there. Seriously. I have read countless blogs, many reviews on Trip Advisor, and I am even reading "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World."
Yup, I am reading basically anything I can get my hands on. And it is all very...baffling interesting.

There is so much to know. Park hopper vs. non park hopper. Meal plan or no meal plan. Stay on property or stay off. Fast passes. Moderate vs. budget hotels. Reservations 180 days in advance. Character dining. Phew. And the list doesn't end there. It is a bit overwhelming. Which is why I am planning. Knowledge is power. The more I know, the more we will be prepared. Right?

Well, unfortunately I am driving Brian nuts. So I have had to stop talking about it. Instead, I talk about it with other friends who have already gone to Disney. I figure I will just have the trip planned out and he can just go along for the ride.

Some of the things I am reading makes me almost want to throw in the towel and say, "Screw it. Let's go to the beach." But then doesn't every kid deserve a trip to Disney? Yes. I think so. Absolutely.

One thing I can assure you is that we will be a "one and done" family. There will not be multiple trips for us to the most magical place on earth. We will go once, and that will be our Disney trip  - forever. In my research, I am amazed by families that go multiple times a year. Seriously? Who can afford to go to Disney two or three times per year? I don't get it. Disney is NOT a cheap trip. And why do they want to go back a few times a year? I cannot imagine feeling this way. Of course, in fall fairness, I have not been to Disney. So maybe after I go, I will feel differently. But, I seriously doubt it.

Anyway - off I go. More research to be done!
As they say at Disney - "Have a magical day!"


No comments: