Saturday, March 15, 2014

Running of the Green race recap

Today was the Running of the Green. This is the second time that I have done this race, and I have to admit that I really like it. It's flat. It's fast. And it's a great way to kick off the spring running season.

I added a twist to the race today by tacking on some miles pre and post-race. Felice and I decided to arrive at the race at 9 AM, and we met Kara there. We went and got our bibs, and then started to run. We ran 3 miles before the race started. Then we ran the race, and then did 1 mile after the race. In case you lost count - that equals 8 miles for today.

I was a little nervous about running 3 miles before the race because that meant that I would not be running  on fresh legs. But - it actually turned out to be fine. I felt great the entire time. And I even managed to get a PR.

My stats:
35:44
Finished #305 out of 652 runners.
My pace was 8:59.

It didn't hurt that it was a great weather running day. The temp was in the 40's and it wasn't too windy.
What a great way to kick off the racing season!




No comments: