Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Time Warner game

First off I would just like to say how much it makes me rage that everyone I know has a different  rate for Time Warner. It's all in how you play the game.

My game goes something like this:

Year after year, we are on a Time Warner bundle promotion that lasts for about a year. I mark it in my calendar to call them before the promotion ends. Then they usually find me another promotion. End of story.

But that's not exactly what happened this time around. Around mid-November, I received a letter in the mail explaining that my promotion was ending and the price was going up. So of course I called and the lady I spoke to basically me that there was nothing else she could do for me. The price was what it was and that was it. So, then I asked for the retention department. The lady told me that Time Warner no longer had retention department. Huh?? That seemed kind of odd to me. Because I know they MUST have a retention department since I have talked to them before! But - the lady was adamant that the retention department was gone and she told me that.

Okay. So I hung up. A couple weeks went by and I called again. I was basically told the same thing. This time though, I was told that I should purchase my own modem to save $8.95 per month.

So I hung up, made a mental note to tell Brian that we should purchase our own modem, and moved on.

Then, last week, I called again. This time, the lady told me that she would transfer me to the retention department. I didn't even have to ask. I just told her I wanted to talk to someone about my bill. And she willingly transferred me!

Wait. Back the hell up. Retention department??? I thought the first lady that I spoke to told me the retention department did not exist anymore! Now suddenly I can speak to them.
Interesting. Very interesting.

Anyway - once I finally spoke to someone in retention, they lowered my bill by $31 (which basically became the original amount that we were paying last year).

So - the moral of the story is to just keep calling them until you get the retention department.

How ridiculous is it that I had to go to through all of that just to get my rate from last year???

I tell you this story because I have figured out that it's all in who you talk to at Time Warner. So if you don't like the first answer - just call back until you get another person. Keep trying. Keep playing the silly little game.

No comments: