Friday, January 6, 2017

Resolutions and running recap

I am not one to make resolutions for the new year. The reason is because resolutions tend to fail.
Just look at all those people who join the gym in January. Where did they all go after 2 months?


Anyway...since I am not making resolutions, I am going to make goals.


I think that's a more realistic. Goals can be met over time. And  they are more reasonable and they don't overwhelm me. I can meet a goal on my timeframe and not get all stressed out.


One of my goals for this year is to blog more. I kind of fell of the wagon. And I realized that I miss blogging. I like writing. It gives me an outlet. Plus, it's a great way to look back and see what happened in life (almost like a journal).


Running recap - I added up my miles for 2016. I ran 851 miles. This was lower than last year.
However, I didn't run any half marathons in 2016. In fact, I only ran 3 races and they were at the tail end of the year. And I did a LOT of cross training.  So, I guess I am okay with my lower mileage.


I would like to run a half marathon this year, since I didn't run one in 2016. I need to get on that and figure that out!





No comments: